Friday 1 June 2012

Jubilee Nail Art!

(L-R: without flash, with flash)

What do you think? I painted these bad boys last night when I should have been asleep. What can I say, I'm just too damn excited about the 60th anniversary of Queenie's rule.

Excuse the wonky brushmanship, but as I say, it was 11.30pm at night. Then I went to sleep and imprinted them with duvet cover patterns.

This is really easy to do - no fancy tools required:

1. Blue all over (2 coats)
2. Thick stripes of white vertical, horizontal and diagonal (I used silver in the abscence of white). Don't worry about making these perfect - most of it will be covered by the red.
3. Thin stripes of red over the white/silver.

I only used the brushes which came with the nail varnishes - I dound that by wiping them on the rim of the bottle, I could alter the width of the brush.

Enjoy the bank holiday weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment